Inclusive Excellence Cohort Certificate Program
The Division of Diverse Inclusive Excellence is hosting the KSU Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program (IECP). The program provides a valuable professional development opportunity for faculty and staff who want to increase their knowledge about diversity. In addition, it will offer participants an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of inclusive excellence and connect and engage with colleagues from across the university who are committed to and want to learn more about diversity, inclusion, equity, and excellence.
IECP is an academic semester-long initiative open to faculty and staff and limited to twenty-five participants. To pursue this professional development opportunity, you must first complete an online application.
Application Due Thursday, December 1, 2022
Orientation: Monday, December 12 (a link will be provided for the 25 Selected)
The Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program (IECP) seeks to:
- Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and environment at Kennesaw State University.
- Equip participants with tangible skills to navigate issues around difference.
- Provide participants with a shared experience and language as it pertains to diversity and inclusion.
Expectations of the Inclusive Excellence Program Cohort are as follows:
- Participate in the program orientation (a link will be provided to those selected).
- Attend at least one cultural event on campus during the program (options will be provided).
- Complete Program Survey
- Attend mandatory dates and trainings
- December 12th: Orientation at 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- January 20th: DDIE Overview Training at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- February 3rd: IDI Assessment at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- February 24th: Author Session at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- March 31st: Excursion at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- April 14th: TBA
- April 28th: TBA
- May 5th: Closing Ceremony at 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
All expectations must be fulfilled in order to obtain the Inclusive Excellence Micro-credential
Applicants must be full-time KSU faculty or staff at the time of application submission
Please attach a brief letter of interest: Your letter of interest should not exceed 750 words and should describe:
- Why you are interested in being a part of the cohort;
- Why diversity, equity, and inclusion is important to you, and
- How will you contribute to diversity, inclusion, priorities at KSU. Specifically, the mission of the Division of Diverse and Inclusive Excellence. In addition to the KSU R2 Roadmap https://diversity.kennesaw.edu/about/mission-statement.php