Dr. Teresa Joyce
Dr. Teresa Joyce began her career at KSU in 1987 as an Assistant Professor of Management. During her time at the university, she served as Chair of the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship, Dean of the Graduate College, and as the University’s first Associate Provost. Dr. Joyce moved to the University System of Georgia in 2014. Dr. Joyce led the effort to implement KSU’s inaugural Safe Space Initiative and endowed the Safe Space Scholarship—awarded annually to a KSU undergraduate student who advocates for LGBT individuals on- or off-campus.
To learn more about Dr. Joyce's personal history, advocacy, and thoughts on diversity, view her videos:
- Andover, New York: I Cheer and I Play Basketball
- 1987, Joining KSU: Is My Sexual Orientation an Issue?
- Remembering the LGBTQ Climate of the 90s at KSU
- Students and the SAFESPACE Initiative
- Thoughts on Responsibility
- Supporting Students
- What Keeps Me Going
- Looking Towards the Future