The REACH Georgia program is a state-wide initiative that financially supports the preparation of potential scholars at the middle school level to attend college. Coordinators continue to mentor REACH Georgia scholars throughout their high school tenure and assist them as they begin to identify their post-secondary school of choice. REACH Georgia is grateful to partners in higher education for their support in helping their scholars with a smooth transition into college and assisting them with their educational goals.
As a campus partner, the department of Strategic Outreach and Diversity Initiatives (SODI), Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity provides the following academic support services and Co-curricular programming that enhances student’s success for REACH Georgia scholars.
- The AIM: College Success and Class Registration Workshop in May
- The University Preparation (UP) Conference on the Kennesaw Campus in July
- The option to be in a Learning Community that includes two required college courses and provides a social and academic community with other students in the program
- A state-of-the-art private study lounge
- Peer mentors
- An assigned graduation coach who will provide tailored support for academic planning/success and goal setting, to assist in your preparation for future endeavors after degree completion and
- Recognition at graduation
Additionally, SODI collaborates with campus partners and the program’s stakeholders to assure the persistence of REACH Georgia scholars pursuing their undergraduate degree from Kennesaw State University.
Effective academic year 2021-2022 the REACH Georgia matching scholarship opportunity available at KSU will be determined on a per semester basis. An application process overseen by the Strategic Outreach & Diversity Initiatives (SODI) department will decide the disbursement of these potential matching scholarship funds. Please contact Anne Kreminski for further assistance and to learn of other potential scholarship options.