Student Diversity Ambassadors
The Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity invites students to apply for the inaugural cohort of Student Diversity Ambassadors for 2021-2022.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 15, 2021, 11:59 PM
Applicants must be full-time students at the time of their application and in academic good standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher, at the start fall 2021.
Student Ambassadors for Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
The Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity is looking for 16 Student Ambassadors to increase student engagement with the Division and transform how all students experience Kennesaw State University. Each campus (Marietta & Kennesaw) will have 8 Student Ambassadors who will represent the Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity.
Ambassadors will assist in creating an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable learning and working community at Kennesaw State. Successful applicants will serve as an extension of Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity, helping to advance our mission through programming and leadership development. As an Ambassador, students will have the opportunity to innovate, collaborate, and become an important go-to resource and a voice for inclusion on campus.
The Student Ambassadors will:
- Serve as a student representative for the Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity;
- Attend all required general meetings and trainings;
- Develop an understanding of the Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity’s mission, resources, and inform all constituents about its services;
- Promote the Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity events and programs to the campus and greater Atlanta community;
- Maintain ongoing contact with RSO leaders and all ally and affinity groups at KSU;
Actively participate in committees to develop diversity program initiatives
Those unable to meet the above commitments should discuss, in advance, possible accommodations with the Chief Diversity Officer.
Selected students will be awarded a financial stipend each semester for the academic year that they serve.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Must be a full-time student, undergraduate or graduate;
- Must commit to participate in all designated training and select activities of the initiatives;
- Must agree to promote all events and programs offered by the Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity
- A submission of the online application that will go live on Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity’s website from 12.14.2020 through 02.15.2021;
- An updated resume that includes campus and community involvement;
- Letter of recommendation from KSU Faculty or Staff;
- An official transcript should be sent via campus mail to MD #2702
Deadline to apply: Monday, February 15, 2021, 11:59 pm
Any questions should be submitted to Erica Brown, Diversity Specialist, Division of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity, firstname.lastname@example.org