Student Diversity Ambassadors
To expand the student reach of the Division of Diverse and Inclusive Excellence, the Diversity Ambassador Program seeks KSU students who understand, embrace, respect and value diversity, ethnic cultures, and new ways of thinking and connecting with current and potential students.
Participating students will engage in on-boarding, learn to create, plan, and implement their own DEI themed events, train fellow students on a variety of diversity topics and issues, and help identify potential ideas, strategies, and programs to further enhance the mission and vision of DDIE.
The Student Diversity Ambassador Program’s (DAP) mission is to assist students in upholding KSU’s commitment to diversity excellence by creating an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable learning and working environment through training, programming, and other outreach initiatives designed to heighten student awareness of social responsibility and change.
As an ambassador, you can expect to:
- Acquire skills in professional, personal, and leadership development
- Gain knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion concept and theories
- Engage with KSU faculty, staff, and students
- Monthly compensation
Additionally, participants who serve a full academic year, will gain a micro-credential badge to showcase their successful completion of the program.
- Must have a minimum of a 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Must be in good academic and conduct standing with the University.
- Must complete a minimum of 12 semester hours at KSU by the beginning of the fall 2022 semester.
- Must submit a completed application
- Must submit all application materials by or before due date
Ready to Apply?
Applications for the 2022-2023 Diversity Ambassador Program cohort is now closed. For more information or to work with our current cohort, please email Ellori White, firstname.lastname@example.org