Thrive Recognition Program
The Thrive Recognition Program acknowledges outstanding Thrive students who achieve excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service, demonstrating a solid record of growth and accomplishment during their tenure at KSU. It also serves to inspire students to pursue those opportunities that will enhance their KSU experience and prepare them for success beyond college. Our hope is that students will be transformed by the integration of these experiences and emerge as exemplary leaders and contributors to their communities and future career fields.
"Thank you for this honor! I truly appreciate you all recognizing me and my growth here at KSU. I am grateful and glad that I have the opportunity to celebrate the end of my undergrad experience with this gift." Jordynn | Graduate
"I am so excited to be able to graduate with Thrive Honors! This organization has truly been the biggest blessing to me during my time at KSU. Thank you guys for everything." Kimberly | Graduate
To earn recognition, Thrive Scholars must complete the following requirements:
Community Engagement - Complete at least 40 hours of meaningful service in the local or global community.
Leadership Experience - Successfully complete a significant leadership experience on campus or in the community. Some examples include:
- Peer Leader, SGA Officer or RSO Leader
- Club Sports or Athletic Team Leader
- Ignition, Owl Expedition or Flight Crew Leader
- SDI Program Leader
- Campus or Community Service Project Leader
- Other approved leadership experiences
Experiential Learning - Successfully complete at least one experiential learning opportunity that enhances the academic experience of yourself and/or your peers. Some examples include:
- Serving as a teaching assistant, supplemental instructor, or campus tutor
- Conducting research, writing and/or presenting with a professor on an academic subject
- Participating in an education abroad program
- Completing an internship or co-op experience
- Joining and completing the Honors Program
- Other approved academic experiences
Programming - Attend at least one program per semester to enhance your academic and/or career knowledge and skills. Examples include:
- Academic workshops
- SDI or Career Planning annual conference
- Guest speakers hosted in your college
- Lunch & Learns hosted on campus
- Workshops hosted through your internship or co-op employer
Thrive Scholars must maintain the HOPE scholarship or have earned it back before their graduation.
By the end of your first year, complete and submit a plan approved by your academic advisor, for completion of all courses in your degree program.
Complete the following career activities:
- Activate your profile in Handshake and complete the Career Interest Survey by the end of your first year
- Upload your resume and have it approved by Career Planning & Development by the end of your second year
- Meet with your Career Advisor by the end of your second year
- Attend at least one KSU Career Fair
- Meet first year coaching and advising requirements
- Meet with academic advisor and college coach at least once per year until graduation
Congrats to all 50 of our Thrive Honor Graduates! They look great with the Thrive teal and silver honor cords!